On a grey, 8C morning that felt more like October than May, there was still a big turnout for club rides.
- On a provisional basis, the most reliable rider is COLIN GARNHAM whose ride was a few seconds under the target time of 3:15:00.
- Thanks again to my helpers, Doug Aspinall, Pete Stocker, Paul Marshall, and Mike Manning
- Special thanks to Ian and Mary for their great hospitality and delicious refreshments after the ride.
- And thanks to Trevor for the brilliant pictures - a great idea!
- We raised £55 for the Berks Oxon and Bucks Air Ambulance - well done.
This was a day when the train took the strain for some of those who were brave or insane enough to ignore the weather forecast !
Steve Ferry was a quarter of the brisk group:
A few keen (obsessed?) cyclists gathered at the Market Place at 9am. The
forecast was for the weather to get worse, but what can happen? Eight
degrees and raining, I've been out in worse.
Fast:This group of six, Darren Parker, Paul Grey, Stuart Williams, Nick Davies, Rob King and myself had a good ride south through Tadley, Kingsclere, Overton and East Stratton. The pace was fair with a few climbs in this direction.
We enjoyed good coffee and cake at Heidi’s coffee shop in New Alresford.
Full list of club Time Trial events for 2012. Secret Decoder Ring for the TT course codes is under the Time Trial menu and the Course Maps link...
Note that various events scheduled for the H10/1 Aldermaston course have had to be moved due to long term roadworks. Check the schedule for new courses and start times.
For Club Championships, riders must contact the TT Secretary by email two weeks in advance of the event. TT Secretary's email link is on the committee page.
A selection of ride reports from today's four clubruns.
Steve Ferry writes:
Fred Hale led a ride to a Café that was new to me, The Flower Pot Cafe in Long Crendon. Good coffee and good cakes, which looked home made. The ride kept together on the way out and split up on the way back. I ended up in a group of four doing a chain gang through Christmas Common , Nettlebed and Sonning Common home.
Legs hurt and my computer shows 123km. Good day.