You are hereClub / Membership
Reading Cycling Club welcomes new members.
Club membership will provide you with:
- Membership to a dedicated Yahoo! sporting group providing access to a community of approximately 200 cyclists in the Reading area.
- A quarterly club magazine posted to your home
- The ability to claim a club discount at local cycling retailers.
- Affiliation to important UK cycling bodies such as British Cycling, Cyclists Touring Club, West London Cycling Association, Cycling Time Trials, Reading Track Cycling League and Wessex Cyclo-Cross League which permits you to enter events & competitions.
- A calendar of club events promoting activities across multiple disciplines of cycling including, road racing, track, timetrials, audax, sportives, cyclo-cross and touring.
- An organized Sunday club-run taking in a local café stop.
- Invitation to various social activities including an annual prize presentation.
- Access to the club coach and a group of highly experienced cyclists willing to help develop your cycling skills.
- First-Aid training (subject to the club maintaining 10% of the club membership as trained volunteers in Sport First Aid)
- An opportunity to have your cycling achievements published in Reading’s weekly local press.
Subscription runs from 1st January to 31st December. New members joining after August 1st will have membership up until the December of the following year.
Different types of membership are available which depend on your age and whether you want to race. Remember, you may only belong to one club as a first claim member.
- Senior (18 and over) £18.00
- Non-Racing £9.00
- Second Claim £9.00
- Junior (16 – 17 years old) £9.00
- Juvenile (under 16 years old) £4.00
To join the club, download an Application Form and post it to the Membership Secretary’s address detailed on the form along with a cheque for the correct amount. Please make cheques payable to "Reading Cycling Club". In return, you will be sent a new starters pack via email and your personal club membership card through the post.
To renew your membership, download a Renewal Form and follow the instructions.
Once you become a member you may join the Yahoo! Group for Reading Cycling Club. The group allows you to send e-mails to all other members and share information, photos and chat online. You MUST be a member of Reading CC first.